Although not all students will qualify for this program, you may be selected for the
TRiO Program if you are:
1. a U.S. citizen or permanent resident receiving federal loans or grants;
2. academically at need for services;
3. income eligible as defined by the yearly U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Poverty Guidelines and/or;
4. the first generation in your family to attend college with neither parent
or the parent with whom you live or your guardian having graduated from a
four-year college and/or;
5. disabled with documentation.
1. With a limited number of acceptances, the TRiO/SSS program staff will interview and select applicants based on the above criteria and the applicant’s intent to fully use the program’s services and to graduate.
2. The TRiO/SSS program gives priority to:
- Incoming freshmen who are income-eligible, first generation,
and full- time;