Webmail Login

Degree Completion Program FAQs


I've decided I would like to complete an Undergraduate Degree from Neumann University. How do I get started?
Everyone begins by completing an application form. You can do this online for free at www.neumann.edu. After you submit an application, you must also submit official transcripts directly to the Office of Admissions. "Official" means you can either transport them in an envelope sealed by the school, or you can request that each college sends your transcript directly to our office.

Do you accept transfer credit?
Yes! Up to 90 credits from a regionally accredited institution can be accepted for transfer.

Which transcripts, exactly, do you need to have?
The most important one is from the place you last received a degree. So, for example, if the last degree you earned was from your high school you will need to call your high school and ask that the transcript be sent to us. If the last degree you earned was an associate's degree, then call that college and ask that the transcript be sent to us. Finally, any and all college classes - whether you earned a college degree or not - should be sent directly to the Office of Admissions so that we can ensure the maximum number of transfer credits.

How do I find out officially what courses transferred?
Once the Office of Admissions has received all the transcripts you have listed on your application, as well as the location of your last degree earned, they will evaluate them. The number of credits transferred will then be included in your acceptance letter to Neumann University.

I heard I can also earn credits for prior work experience, etc. True?
Yes, there are all kinds of ways to evaluate additional types of credits, but these will be done in conjunction with your advisor not through the Office of Admissions (see Advisement section below).

What degrees can I earn?
You can choose to complete an Associate's, Bachelor of Arts, or Bachelor of Science degree.

What is my major?
Because you design your own program of accelerated study there are no majors as such. You can, however, choose a concentration such as business administration, health care, human resource management or information systems concentration.

If you have an interest in becoming a certified teacher you will want to speak directly with the Dean of the Division of Education at 610-558-5640. He can discuss the various paths available that can lead to teacher certification dependant upon your class work and experience.

What does a typical schedule look like?
In a given class, you meet one evening a week from 6:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. and also complete an end-of-term project. The class and project combine to give you 6 credits per class instead of the traditional 3 credits.

Do I have to wait until I am officially accepted before signing up for my first course?
You may register for up to 15 undergraduate credits (15 courses) via your advisor before needing to be officially accepted into your program of study. The term used for this type of student status is "non-matriculated." However, keep in mind that non-matriculated students are not eligible for any form of federal financial aid. You must be officially accepted by Neumann University in order to qualify for financial aid (see Financial Aid section below).


Office of Financial Assistance

How do I apply for Financial Aid?
You must complete the FAFSA form (Free Application for Student Aid). This form is submitted directly to the government which determines how much and what type of aid you may be entitled to. For your convenience the form can be completed via our web site


However, there are three very important requirements that must be met in order to eligible to receive federal financial aid:


  • You must be officially accepted via the Office of Admissions to your program of study (not just registered for courses).

  • You must be enrolled at least half time (6 credits) for each semester you wish to receive financial aid. (Dropping below half time (6 credits), taking a leave, etc will make you responsible for beginning to pay back any federal loans before your graduation).

  • Students must meet academic progress standards set by Neumann University, to continue to borrow federal or state funds while enrolled in our degree programs.

Questions about any of the above items should be addressed to the Financial Aid Office at 610-558-5521.



How do I get in touch with my advisor?
Once you have submitted an application and arranged for your transcripts to arrive at the Office of Admissions you can call 610-558-5529 and make an appointment with one of our full-time advisors to choose classes that fit your personal plans. The appointment can be completed by phone or in person. Remember: Schedule the appointment with enough time for your transcripts to arrive first at the Office of Admissions.


Do I need to bring anything with me?
No. If your transcripts have arrived, the Office of Admissions will copy them to your advisor. That way your advisor knows what will definitely transfer in and can formulate a Suggested Program Plan. (It is o.k. to bring unofficial copies to your first meeting if sealed official ones have not yet arrived at the Office of Admissions for initial advisement purposes).


How do I register for a class?
Your advisor will sign you up. After your first meeting simply consult your "Suggested Program Plan" and check the Neumann website to see when your next course will be offered. Then register with your advisor's department by phone.


How will I know where my class will be held?
Class locations are printed on the bill that is sent to you. In addition, class locations are posted outside of the Continuing Adult and Professional Studies (CAPS) Office and in the Main Lobby several days before classes begin.


What if I change my mind and need to drop or change classes?
You can drop a class with no financial penalty as long as it is done before the first day of class. Just call and we will complete the drop/add paperwork for you.


I heard I can use my work experience for college credit. Is this true?
Yes! You can earn college credit for most work-related training. Just show your advisor some form of certificate indicating your name, the dates of training, proof or statement of completion and, most importantly, the total hours completed. This must be printed on company letterhead and signed by a supervisor. Your advisor will hand in original letters or certificates to the registrar for official evaluation. Please be aware, though, that the original documents can be held up to a semester pending evaluation by the registrar.


Business Office

Am I billed for the class?
Yes. Once the Registrar's Office has enrolled you for a class the Business Office will automatically generate a bill that is sent 10-14 days before your class starts. However, if you have an outstanding balance from the previous semester you will receive a notice of this rather than a bill. Once an outstanding balance has been cleared you will again need to register for your next class.


What are my payment options?
Our Business Office has several options for paying tuition that you can arrange in advance. These include:

  • Deferral Plan: This partial deferral allows the student to pay one-half the tuition and fees at the publicized due date, with the balance due approximately one month later. Late payment fines apply to missed payments. A $20.00 fee is charged for this option.

  • Tuition Management Plan: This 10-month payment plan starts June 1 and extends through March 1. With this plan, students budget fall and spring semester expenses into 10 equal payments. Further information regarding this plan can be obtained from the Business Office. An annual fee, which can vary from year to year, is charged for this option.

  • Employer-Reimbursement: Typically students are responsible for paying the first semester. After the first semester, the student would be eligible to receive an extension for payment as long as:

    1. A letter is provided from your employer, on company letterhead, stating your eligibility in company program, the percentage of reimbursement and grade needed for reimbursement. This letter is only needed once a year and is valid through August 31 from time of remittance.


    2. A $20 employer reimbursement fee is due upon receipt of letter.

Methods of Payment: The Business Office accepts Visa, MasterCard and Discover credit cards (this process can be done in-person or by phone), debit cards and MAC. Personal checks, certified checks, money orders and cash are also accepted.

Refund policy for withdrawals: The percentage of tuition to be refunded to the student is as follows:


Students withdrawing before first day of class



Students withdrawing during first two weeks



After the second week



Discounts: A discount of 20% is given to full time employees under the Camden, Philadelphia or Wilmington Dioceses. However, there are certain programs that are already discounted, and therefore additional discounts cannot apply. If you have any questions regarding the above information, please call the Business Office at 610-558-5505.


The University Store

When and how can I purchase my books?
The Neumann University Campus Store is open every Monday through Thursday, 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM and every Friday, 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM.  During the beginning of Fall and Spring semesters the store has extended hours.  These hours are listed on the University Campus Store's website

Textbooks will be available in the University Store approximately 1-2 weeks before the start of class. Payment for textbooks can be made using Master Card, VISA, American Express and Discover, cash, personal check as well as Financial Aid or Student Points if those funds are available. You are always welcome to call our Store for assistance at 610-558-5618. Their fax number is 610-361-5319.


Career Center

With whom do I talk about career changes or career plans?
The Career Development Office (Bachmann Main Building, Room 100) exists to help you plan for your career. The staff can assist you in crafting your résumé and researching employment opportunities to fit your needs upon graduation. Individual career counseling is available for all students. You can schedule day or evening appointments by calling 610-558-5537. In addition, once you have become a Neumann University student or alumni you will have access to job postings at: www.collegecentral.com/neumann


Cultural Arts

What types of cultural arts are offered on Neumann's campus?
Each year, The Arts Guild at Neumann University produce more than 25 cultural offerings that include vocal and instrumental concerts, stimulating lectures, art exhibits, and a wide range of theatrical shows for children and adults. We encourage you to take advantage of these programs by calling the Office of Cultural Programming at 610-558-5626.


For further information, please contact the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid
at (610) 558-5616 or (800) 9-NEUMANN or feel free to e-mail us at neumann@neumann.edu.


Neumann University One Neumann Drive Aston, PA 19014-1298 Phone: 610-459-0905 or 800.9.NEUMANN

Neumann University © 2015. All Rights Reserved.