Job Posting/Résumé Referral
The College Central Network is Neumann's primary job posting and résumé referral site. You may register directly at www.collegecentral.com/sepche to post a full or part-time, co-op or internship position. This site also serves students and alumni of five other local colleges and universities: Chestnut Hill, Gwynedd- Mercy, Holy Family, Immaculata, and Rosemont.
If you prefer to post a position only to Neumann students and alumni,
go to www.collegecentral.com/neumann.
For local part-time and child care positions, please fax the information to us at 610-361-5475 or e-mail to: email@example.com
Internships and Co-ops
It is our hope that we might enter into a reciprocal relationship whereby our
students gain knowledge and you gain assistance. Our internship program is a blend of
academics and work experience. The Neumann Intern is typically expected to be doing their
internship over the course of the 15 week semester. During that time they are to be working
between 15 – 20 hours a week. (A total of 195 hours are required per internship.) Concurrently,
they will be assigned a faculty member who is to mentor them throughout the internship. The
student is expected to process their experience through an academic lens during this time, by
doing papers and reflections, relevant to their discipline.
Since the student will be acquiring academic credit for this work experience, the Program requests that the immediate supervisor provide the following:
- Provide the Cooperative Education/Internship program with a position description which includes the location of the work site, qualifications, duties, work hours required and rate of compensation
- Provide a safe working environment for students
- Train and supervise the students, assign duties that are career related and progressive
- Complete and sign the student’s Learning Agreement which reflects obtainable and
measurable learning outcomes based on the position description
- Visit and review Fact Sheet #71: Internship Programs Under The Fair Labor Standards Act
- Provide feedback to the Career Development Office
- Inform the Career Development Office of any concerns regarding a student’s conduct or performance during employment
- Allow time for a visit to the job site by the faculty sponsor, or a program representative
- Complete a student evaluation form and return to the Career Development Office
Here at Neumann we have a Career Development office which is ready to support you and the student intern. We want to assure that the internship is a good experience, beneficial to both parties. Please do not hesitate to call for any reason. At the beginning of the internship our office will generate a letter for the direct supervisor at your organization. There you will have more contact information for our office and the faculty member supervising this internship placement. Thank you for your time and interest. We looking forward to working together in the future, as we both strive to teach and mold future professionals.
Coordinator of Experiential Education
One Neumann Drive
Aston, PA 19014