Students March to Take Back the Night
Joining colleges throughout the country, more than a hundred students marched across campus in April (sexual assault awareness month) in a Take Back the Night rally to voice their support to end dating violence and sexual abuse. After the march, the group heard a special guest speaker from Kristin’s Krusades and held a candlelight vigil.
Students get involved in dozens of causes and opportunities for community service, including:
- Packing Community Hall to hear Ray Hinton, wrongly imprisoned for 30 years, call for criminal justice reform
- Tutoring youngsters at Drexel Neumann Academy in Chester
- Serving food to the homeless at St. Francis Inn in Kensington
- Hosting a Clothesline Project to address the issue of violence against women
- Building a home through Habitat for Humanity
- Volunteering at the World Meeting of Families during Pope Francis’ visit to Philadelphia
- Painting a school at Wind River Indian Reservation in Wyoming
Take a look at some of our recent volunteer opportunities.