Graduation December 2018
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. There will be a Mass held at 3:30 p.m. on December 19th, 2018. The current plan is for the Mass to be held in Sacred Heart Chapel, Bachmann Main Building, 1st Floor. In the event that the location has to change due to larger than expected attendance this information will be communicated via the university’s website in the weeks prior to December graduation.
Neumann University schedules two Commencement Ceremonies which are held each December and May. However, there are three graduation dates during the academic year [August, December, and May] when degrees are conferred.
To be eligible to walk in the December Commencement exercises and receive your diploma:
- You must complete the Application for Graduation in the Registrar’s Office. If your degree was conferred in August this part is already done.
- You must successfully complete all degree requirements. If you do not satisfactorily complete all of their degree requirements by the end of the fall semester you may not, under any circumstance, participate in Commencement exercises.
- You must satisfy all financial obligations to the University by November 1st. Students with outstanding balances to the university will not be able to download guest tickets until all outstanding balances are paid.
- You must complete the financial aid exit interview if you have any federal loans at https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index.action by November 1st
- If you received an HRSA Nursing Loan you must contact Financial Assistance to complete the loan exit requirements by November 1st.
- All undergraduates only must complete the First-Destination Survey available in November.
Students who have successfully completed all their degree requirements by the conclusion of either Summer Session II in August or at the conclusion of the fall semester in December may receive their diploma after they have been certified for graduation by the Registrar. Diplomas will be available immediately after the December Graduation Ceremony.
The number of guest tickets for each graduate is determined by the number of graduating students along with the maximum number of seats provided. Both undergraduate and graduate students attending the ceremony will receive 8 tickets which can be downloaded directly from the University Tickets website. Any guest entering The Mirenda Center, including children, will need a ticket. There are no exceptions to this policy. Anyone who attempts to attend the ceremonies without a ticket will be denied entrance to The Mirenda Center. Any additional tickets that become available will be made available on the University Tickets website sometime around December 1st.
A baccalaureate degree with honors is awarded to students who have earned a minimum of 60 academic credits, excluding documented prior learning, at Neumann University and who have demonstrated superior academic achievement in their respective areas of study.
Summa cum laude is awarded to those students with a cumulative GPA (Grade Point Average) from 3.900 to 4.000
Magna cum laude is awarded to those students with a cumulative GPA (Grade Point Average) from 3.700 to 3.899
Cum laude is awarded to those students with a cumulative GPA (Grade Point Average) from 3.500 to 3.699
Students who anticipate receiving Graduation Honors, and have completed 60 credits at Neumann, excluding documented prior learning, can check their WebAdvisor account to verify a cum GPA of 3.50 or above.
If you elect not to walk with your class, your diploma can be either picked up in the Registrar’s Office or mailed to your home after January 2, 2019. Please contact Cierra Strickland at email@example.com if you would like your diploma mailed. Please include your name, student number and mailing address in the email.
Deadline: November 1st, 2018.
Caps and gowns will be made available in the University Bookstore. The cost of your academic attire is part of the $100 graduation fee. Graduates will keep all academic attire at the conclusion of the ceremony. All students must complete the First Destination Survey before picking up their cap and gown.
University Campus Store Hours:
Monday - Thursday 8:30 am to 6:00 pm
Friday - 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Doors open at the Mirenda Center at 4:30 p.m. on December 19th, 2018. All students walking in the December Graduation need to be in the Community Hall of the Mirenda Center no later than 4:45 p.m. on the day of the ceremony.
The ceremony will begin at 6:00 p.m. and should conclude sometime between 7:15-7:30 p.m. A reception will follow in the Bayada Atrium.
With regard to the Mass held at 3:30 on the day of the December Graduation Ceremony, handicapped parking is available in the Mullen Communication Parking lot adjacent to the Bachmann Building. There is a wheel chair ramp to the right of the main doors to the Bachmann building. Volunteers will lead you to an elevator to take you to the first floor chapel.
For the 6:00 p.m. ceremony, some seating is available for guests in wheelchairs or with limited mobility, with one companion seat. In order to accommodate our guests with limited mobility we can only allow one companion per guest needing accommodations. Tickets are also required for this special seating. If a guest requires special seating, send an email request with an explanation of the need (wheelchair, minimal steps, bench, etc.) by December 15th to Mr. Lee Strofe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Elderly or handicapped persons may be dropped at the side entrance of the Mirenda Center starting at 4:30 p.m. for the ceremony.
The University Bookstore will be open from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
For the December graduation ceremony graduation photos will be taken November 13th – November 16th, 2018 in the Bachmann Building Room 109.
Students interested in taking senior photos should:
- Call the number provided below to make an appointment or utilize the link.
- If students are unable to take pictures in November, there will be another offering in March.
- Photos are open to both December and May Graduates.
Information for Photos
- Schedule your appointment at www.ouryear.com, entering school code 87153 or by calling 1-800-OUR-YEAR™ (687-9327), during normal business hours.
- Caps and gowns will be provided
- Students should bring their own dress clothes
- There is no cost to have portraits taken and photographs will be available for your personal portrait needs