University Honors Program
The University Honors Program (UHP) comprises at 15 credits of Honors courses at the sophomore level or above (12 credits for students who participate in the Freshman Honors Program).
Progression in the University Honors Program leading to completion requires students to:
Maintain a 3.5 GPA in the Honors Program courses
- Maintain a 3.3 cumulative GPA
Complete at least 15 credits of honors courses, including at least 12 credits at the sophomore level or above
- Take at least one course for honors credit each year until completion of program
- Attend at least one academic, cultural or social event sponsored or endorsed by the Honors Program each semester
- Present their work at least once at both the SEPCHE Honors Conference and at the LEAD Conference/Poster Symposium (Students may present multiple times, but should present at the LEAD conference in their senior year)
- Participate in the senior honors dinner and submit the senior honors reflection paper
Participate in an exit interview with the Coordinator of the Honors Program.
Course selections include:
HNR 103 Honors: Ethics (satisfies PHIL 102 core)
HNR 220 Sophomore University Honors Seminar
HNR 320 Junior University Honors Seminar
- HNR 330 University Theology Honors Seminar (satisfies upper-level THEO core)
- HNR 340 University Philosophy Honors Seminar (satisfies upper-level PHIL core)
HNR 420 Senior University Honors Seminar
- HNR 480 Independent Study Project
Honors Elective in the Major (See the "Honors Elective in the Major" application form for more information about this option.)
- Other University Honors Seminar courses as offered
Students must complete HNR 420, HNR 480 or Honors Elective in the Major as the capstone of their honors curriculum.