Master's in Clinical Laboratory Science
MS in Clinical Laboratory Science Program Features
- 40 credits
- Can be completed in 2 years or less
- Online, in-class and hybrid formats
- Instruction in infectious disease processes, surveillance and epidemiologic investigation
- Training in Advanced Management Concepts confronting both internal and external challenges to the organization and in various approaches to decision making.
- Explores ethical principles required for professional infection control conduct required by law
- Clinical experience integrated into the course offerings
- Accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences
5600 North River Rd., Suite 720
Rosemont, Illinois 60018-5119
Phone: 773-714-8880 or 847-939-3597
MS in Clinical Laboratory Science Outcomes
MS in CLS graduates are prepared to:
- Perform the full range of clinical laboratory tests in areas such as hematology, clinical chemistry, immunohematology, microbiology, serology/immunology, coagulation, molecular, analytical tests of body fluids and other emerging diagnostics with accuracy.
- Develop a sound scientific knowledge foundation to be prepared and able to interpret, analyze and evaluate scientific knowledge in clinical practice.
- Sit for the certification examination for medical laboratory scientists administered by the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (BOC).
- Emerge prepared for careers in medical, clinical, and pharmaceutical laboratories, research, forensics, and medicine.
- Apply scientific principles, such as physiology, immunology, biochemistry, molecular biology, genetics, microbiology, laboratory principles, and methodology to the clinical setting.
- Confirm abnormal results, verify and execute quality control procedures and develop solutions.
Click on the Brochures Below to Learn More