Graduate Student Guide - FAQs



I would like to earn a degree from Neumann University. How do I get started?
Everyone begins by completing an application form. You can do this online by clicking HERE or you can request a hard copy application be sent to you. You should also print out and review your admission requirements and send those materials directly to the Office of Admissions as soon as possible. Admission requirements are as follows:


All admission materials should be sent directly to: 

Neumann University
Office of Graduate Admissions
One Neumann Drive
Aston, PA 19014-1298

How do I arrange for my interview?

As soon as all of your application materials have been received in the Office of Admissions the graduate department will review your completed file and, if appropriate, call you to schedule an interview. To speed up the process, be sure to complete your applicant file as soon as possible. And, of course, you can call your admissions officer anytime to check on the status of your application. 


Do you accept graduate transfer credit?
Acceptance of graduate transfer credit from a regionally accredited institution can be considered by each Division Chair. Currently, the following policies exist for each Department:

  • Graduate Education and Pastoral Studies: Up to 9 graduate credits can be considered for transfer

  • Graduate Nursing, Physical Therapy or Sport Management: Up to 6 graduate credits can be considered for transfer

  • Graduate Strategic Leadership: No credits are accepted


Taking Classes

How do I register for a class?
At the graduate level, new and current students are registered directly by the graduate department itself.

But what if I'm not accepted yet?
Some graduate programs allow registration for graduate courses on a case by case basis. The term for someone who is taking a class, but not degree accepted, is non-matriculated. A graduate department may register incomplete applicant as non-matriculated for up to 3 graduate courses (9 credits) with the following restrictions:

  1. The student may not complete more than 9 graduate credits without becoming officially accepted into the corresponding program of study.

  2. The student is not eligible for financial aid without official acceptance into the program of study.

I'm still waiting to hear about my degree application. What now?
Never hesitate to call your admissions officer for a status update. It may be that your file is still incomplete, or that your folder is being reviewed by the graduate department.


I've been accepted! What now?
Your letter of acceptance contains detailed instructions that are particular to your degree program. Be sure to read it carefully!


Graduate Department contact numbers are:
Degree in Education: 610-558-5640 
Degree in Nursing: 610-558-5561
Degree in Pastoral Clinical Mental Health Counseling: 610-558-5572
Degree in Physical Therapy: 610-558-5534
Degree in Sport & Entertainment Management: 610-361-5291
Degree in Organizational & Strategic Leadership: 610-361-5440


How will I know where my class will be held?
Class locations are printed on the bill that is sent to you. In addition class locations are posted at several places in the Bachmann Main Building, including the lobby, a few days before the start of classes.


Business Office

How am I billed for my course?
As per your letter of acceptance, once your advisor has enrolled you for a course a charge is automatically generated in the Business Office. Payment is typically due by the first class, with payment options described below. Normally, there is enough time for a bill to be generated and sent to you by mail however, if you registered close to the start of classes, the bill may not reach you in time. Because you are still responsible for this payment, we recommend being proactive and contacting the Business Office to see how much you owe on your account. You can reach the Business Office at 610-558-5505.


What are my payment options?
Our Business Office has several options for paying tuition that you can arrange in advance. There are three forms which are used for these options. These include:


  • Deferral Plan: This deferral plan allows the student to pay one-quarter of the tuition due in four equal payments on the publicized due dates.  Late payment fines apply to missed payments. A $40.00 fee is charged for the Tuition Deferral option. 

  • Higher Education Services - HES: This 10-month payment plan starts June 1st and extends through March 1st. Students may budget Fall and Spring semester expenses into 10 equal payments. See the brochure in the Business Office for further information regarding this plan. An annual fee which can vary from year to year is charged for this option.

  • Employer-Reimbursement: Typically students are responsible for paying the first semester. After the first semester, the student would be eligible to receive an extension for payment as long as:

  1. A letter is provided from your employer, on company letterhead, stating your eligibility in company program, the percentage of reimbursement and grade needed for reimbursement. This letter is only needed once a year and is valid through August 31 from time of remittance.

  2. A $20 employer reimbursement fee is due upon receipt of letter



Methods of Payment: The Business Office accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover credit cards (this process can be done in-person or by phone), debit cards and MAC. Personal checks, certified checks, money orders and cash are also accepted.


Refund policy for withdrawals: The percentage of tuition to be refunded to the student during the fall and spring semesters is as follows:


Students withdrawing before the first day of class


Students withdrawing during the first two weeks


During the third week


During the fourth week


After the fourth week



If you have any questions regarding the above information, please call the Business Office at 610-558-5505.

Office of Financial Aid

How do I apply for financial aid?

Begin by completing the Federal Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This form can be completed online at Be sure to list Neumann University in Step Six and enter our college code, 003988, in the space provided. 

Once the FAFSA is processed, a Student Aid Report (SAR) will be mailed to you from the processor. Be sure to verify the information you reported. If additional information is requested, or if there is an error, please respond immediately. You do not need to submit your SAR to the Financial Aid Office. The processor will send us the results electronically.


If you do not hear something from our Financial Aid office within 3 weeks of filing, please feel free to call 610-558-5521 to confirm general amounts for which you qualify. Keep in mind you must register for your classes before your specific aid can be released. Here is some additional information you may find helpful:


  • Application and acceptance to a degree program is required to receive federal aid

  • Half-time status is necessary for eligibility (this translates into two graduate courses per semester)

  • Students must meet academic progress standards set by Neumann University to continue to borrow Federal funds while enrolled in our degree programs. 

  • Students may apply for alternative student loans to help with educational expenses. 

  • Students may borrow student loans to cover expenses for tuition and fees, along with additional expenses such as books and living expenses. 


The University Store

When, where and how can I purchase my textbooks?

The Neumann University Campus Store is open every Monday through Thursday, 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM and every Friday, 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM.  During the beginning of Fall and Spring semesters the store has extended hours.  These hours are listed on the University Campus Store's website.

Textbooks will be available in the University Store approximately 1-2 weeks before the start of class. Payment for textbooks can be made using Master Card, VISA, American Express and Discover, cash, personal check as well as Financial Aid or Student Points if those funds are available. You are always welcome to call our Store for assistance at 610-558-5618. Their fax number is 610-361-5319.


Information Technology Resources

How do I set up my e-mail account?
When you register for a class a unique user ID is created for you; this ID is used to access your email. To find out more about Information Technology Resources at Neumann, please click here.


I'm taking a course using NULearn. What is it and how does it work?
To find out more about this innovative online learning tool, look here!



What resources can I find at Neumann's Library?
The Library, located in the Bachmann Main Building, has over 90,000 books, more than 400 current print journal titles, several thousand electronic journal titles, and a growing collection of multimedia items including videos, audio books, and music CDs. Our holdings are available by searching FRANCIS, the library's online catalog. FRANCIS is available online by going through the Neumann University web site and clicking on the LIBRARY CATALOG link. You will need to use your Neumann University e-mail and password for access. For students with children the Curriculum Resource Room houses an excellent collection of children's books including the winners of the Frances and Wesley Bock Book Award for Children's Literature.


The Library is open every day of the week. Please feel free to contact the Library any time by calling 610-558-5545 or via e-mail at


Academic Resource Center

What resources are available to me through the ARC?
The John C. Ford Academic Resource Center (ARC) is staffed by professionals who are experts in writing and study skills. Contact the ARC for help with time management strategies, note taking techniques, practicing proven test taking tips, taking a study skills workshop, or signing up for one-on-one academic counseling in reaching your academic and personal goals. Professional and peer tutors work with students one-on-one or in small groups to help them master course material and study skills. We believe ALL students would benefit from one or more of the ARC's programs and we invite students to use our resources.


The ARC is located in Room 26 in the Bachman Main Building. It is open Monday thru Thursday, 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM. Friday's hours are 8:00 Am to 4:30 PM. The ARC can be reached by calling (610) 361-5249.


Career & Personal Development Office

With whom do I speak about my career plans?
The Career & Personal Development Office offers day and evening appointments, career testing, resume writing assistance, credential files, and a career planning library. As a Neumann University student or alumni you also have access to job postings at: Please call for an appointment at 610-558-5537.


The Wellness Center

What type of Health and Counseling Services are available?
The Health Services Department's philosophy is based upon the belief that a healthy mind and body contributes to optimum achievement by the individual. Health Services is open 8:00a.m. - 4:00p.m., Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, also Wednesday from 8:00a.m. - 6:00p.m., or by appointment in the evenings. A Physician is on campus Tuesday and Friday mornings, and all services are free of charge. The Wellness Center is located in Room 234 in the Bachmann Main Building and can be reached by 610-558-5540.


The Counseling Services Department offers free and confidential opportunities for you to explore any issues that may hamper your personal and academic success. The Counseling Center is open Monday through Friday, 9:00a.m. - 5:00pm and evenings by appointment. The Center can be reached by dialing 610-358-4540.


Campus Safety

How do I obtain my student ID card?
To obtain your student ID card you must first obtain your student ID number. This number is available either through your admissions office or the Registrar's office. Student ID cards are valid for four years and may be obtained from the Campus Safety office on the ground floor of the Bachmann Main Building.


How do I obtain my Neumann parking permit?
You can obtain your parking permit at the same time, and in the same place, as your student ID card. Please have your student ID number and your license plate number available when you visit Campus Safety to obtain your parking permit.


Walking Escorts
Campus Safety officers are available to provide walking escorts for students from any location on campus to their vehicle or another campus building. To request an escort, call 610-558-5555 or ext. 5555 from any campus phone.


The Department Campus Safety provides many services for the Neumann University community and is available 24 hours a day, every day. In addition to patrolling campus buildings, grounds and parking lots, they provide security for residential buildings, athletic events and other University activities. The Office of Campus Safety is located in Room 33, on the ground floor of the Anna Marie Bachmann Main Building. The Department's telephone number is 610-558-5555. They can also be reached from any campus telephone by dialing 5555.


Lost and Found 
Articles found on campus should be taken to the Office of Campus Safety where they may be claimed.


Student Affairs

Do I have access to medical insurance?

Yes! Medical insurance is available to graduate students via the Student Affairs office. In addition, newborn and adopted children are covered for 31 days for those under current coverage. Enrollment for newly accepted Fall applicants must be received by June 16th. Enrollment for newly accepted Spring applicants must be received by January 1st (spring actually covers January through August). The cost is approximately $1,000 for the August 15th - August 15th year. Explanation of benefits is available in the packet. You can call for more information at 610-558-5608.


Student Development

How can the Student Development help me?
The Student Development Office seeks to engage your entire family in a quality experience. The Student Activities Office runs new student orientation each Fall and Spring. In addition, be sure to check the website for a full calendar of campus events and activities. Please feel free to contact Mike Mullen at or at 610-361-5222 on ways that we can serve you better.

Cultural Arts

What types of cultural arts are offered on Neumann's campus?

Each year, the six organizations of the Performing Arts Guild at Neumann University produce more than 25 cultural offerings that include vocal and instrumental concerts, stimulating lectures, art exhibits, and a wide range of theatrical shows for children and adults. We encourage you to take advantage of these programs by calling the Office of Cultural Programming at 610-558-5626.

For further information, please contact the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid at (610) 558-5616 or (800) 9-NEUMANN or feel free to e-mail us at

Important phone numbers


University - Toll-Free




Academic Resource Center




Admissions Office 








Business Office 
(Student Billing)




Career Development 




Counseling Services




Financial Aid Office




Health Services




ITR Help Desk








Registrar/Student Records 








Student Affairs 




Student Development




Wellness Center