International Application Undergraduate Students (Bachelor's Degree)

If you are still completing a high school or secondary school education, or have completed high school or secondary school and not taken a college or university course, you may apply for admission as an undergraduate freshman student. If you are taking or have taken any college or university courses after graduation from high school, you must apply for admission as an undergraduate transfer student. 

First Year Students
Apply through the Neumann Application or the Common Application. Both applications have the same requirements and your application choice will not have a bearing on your admission decision. Regardless of your application choice, there is no fee to apply to Neumann University. 

Transfer Students
Apply through the Neumann Application

It is recommended that international students complete their application and be admitted by the dates listed below. Once a student is officially committed to Neumann University for their program, the application process for the I-20 will commence and can take several weeks to complete.  

  • Fall semester (August-December) Admission: June 1
  • Spring semester (January-May) Admission: November 1


Application Details

High School or Secondary School Transcripts

Each institution you have attended must submit an official transcript listing all courses attempted and completed. Where appropriate, include official results and certificates of completion from national secondary school examinations such as GCSE/GCE, CBSE national and regional, CXC/CSEC and WAEC. Transcripts must be sent in the native language along with a certified English translation.  

Transcripts must be received directly from the issuing institution to be considered official.  Any documents submitted by the applicant will be considered unofficial copies.  Please have the documents sent electronically to

If you are mailing your supporting documents, please send them to:

Neumann University
ATT: Office of Undergraduate Admissions
1 Neumann Circle
Aston, PA 19014

Note:  Neumann University reserves the right to request a Professional, course-by-course evaluation by an independent or National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES)-approved organization  of all academic work completed outside the United States.

Transfer students from a U.S. higher education institution must request official transcripts.  Electronic password-protected transcripts sent from the institution directly to Neumann can be sent to

Hard copy sealed transcripts from the institution can be sent to:

Neumann University
Attn: Office of Undergraduate Admissions
1 Neumann Circle
Aston, PA 19014

If you would like to transfer credit from a Non-U.S. university you are required to request your official transcript evaluations from one of the following sources:

Testing Options:

Test scores must be received directly from the issuing institution/test center to be considered official for admission consideration, and will not be accepted if submitted by the applicant. To ensure timely processing of your documents, we prefer documents to be sent electronically. Documents may be emailed to

Note:  The baccalaureate Nursing require a minimum overall score of 84, with a minimum score of 26 on the verbal subtest on the Internet-based TOEFL; or a minimum overall score of 81 with a speaking score of 3 on the MELAB.


      Minimum Requirement

TOEFL® tests and products: TOEFL iBT®
(including the Home Edition and Paper Edition),
TOEFL® Essentials™ and MyBest ® scores.

Neumann's DI Code: 2628


LanguageCrt Academics 


Duolingo English Test


International English Language Testing System


Oxford ELLT 


Pearson Test of English Academic



Waiver Options:

  • Applicants who attend secondary school where English is the language of instruction for a minimum of three years may have the proof of English proficiency requirement waived. 
  • English proficiency requirement can be waived for non-nursing applicants who come from select countries whose primary language is English. 
  • Completion of 1 year at a U.S. Community College, College, or University
  • Completion of an Associates Degree at a U.S. Community College
  • Completion of a Bachelor's Degree at a U.S. College or University

Neumann University reserves the right to request an interview as a part of the admission process. 

In order to obtain the immigration documents to be eligible for an international student visa  F-1, Homeland Security requires students to demonstrate an official copy of the bank statements showing the total amounts below based on your program. Regardless of if you will live on or off-campus, or you will have more affordable accommodations, you still need to show the estimated amount to cover all living expenses around campus.  If you have been awarded a scholarship, you may deduct the scholarship amount and demonstrate the remaining funds and provide proof of the letter that confirms the award.  

2023-24 Cost of attendance

Category Undergraduate 
Tuition & Fees  37300
Living Expenses 15680
Transportation, books, health insurance & Supplies 4000
Total  $56980



All International students entering the United States as an F-1 status, you must pay the SEVIS I-901 SEVIS Fee. This $350 fee for F-1 or $220 fee for J-1 must be paid before you can enter the United States. The fee can be paid to the DHS by mail or online. You must include the Form I-901 with the fee. The fee can be paid by the student or by someone else (family member or friend) inside or outside the US. This fee cannot be paid to Gannon University or port of entry/airport.


Canadian citizens are exempt from visa stamp requirements. Full-time Canadian students must, however, present a Certificate of Eligibility (I-20 or DS-2019) with their guarantee of financial support to the U.S. Immigration Officer at the port of entry.

You will be asked to complete an Arrival/Departure Record (I-94). The Immigration Inspectors will stamp the form, indicating the date and place of your entry and will indicate that you are admitted for “D/S” (Duration of Status).

If you hold an F-1 visa, D/S means that you are permitted to stay in the U.S. as long as you are a full-time student pursuing a degree, but no later than the expected date of completion on your Form I-20 or DS-2019 plus any number of days granted as a grace period according to the terms of your student status.

Procedures exist to extend your Certificate of Eligibility if further time is required to complete your program. You should inquire about extension procedures as the date approaches.

If a student is admitted to Neumann University, they will need to take the following steps:

  • Confirm Enrollment
  • Request I-20 Document
  • Apply for Student Visa