FINANCIAL AID PROCESS
Complete Your FAFSA
All students must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for federal, state and institutional aid. Completion of the FAFSA determines a family's Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and a student's eligibility for need-based aid. The EFC is a number used by the school to calculate the amount of federal student aid a student is eligible to receive. It is not the amount of money a student's family will have to pay for college nor is it the amount of federal student aid a student will receive.
Step 1 Visit Federal Student Aid to apply for an FSA ID. Both the student and parent(s) must have an FSA ID to complete the FAFSA form. It will also be used to sign in to another Federal site to complete the Financial Aid process for Direct Loan borrowers.
Step 2 Each calendar year, a new FAFSA application must be completed on or after October 1. Use the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form to apply for financial aid. If a federal tax return has been completed, the FAFSA will allow a student and/or parent to link to the IRS website.
Neumann’s federal school code is 003988.
Step 3 International students are unable to complete the FAFSA.
Step 4 Complete the FAFSA before March 1st for priority consideration.
In order to be eligible for the Pennsylvania State Grant, Pennsylvania residents must complete the FAFSA before May 1st and ensure all requirements are met.
In order to be eligible for the Delaware State Grant, Delaware residents must complete the FAFSA before April 15th and ensure all requirements are met.
Review Your Financial Aid Offer
Each eligible student will receive a Financial Aid Offer from Neumann University via email after an admission decision has been made.
If the student's FAFSA is selected for verification, you will receive a letter and email indicating how to submit your verification documentation. A student's financial aid award cannot be finalized until those documents have been received and reviewed.
- Financial Aid Vocab Cheat Sheet (PDF)
- Apples to Apples: 3 Steps to Finding the Best College Deal (PDF)
- FAFSA Facts and Fiction: Get the Truth – and the Money You Need for College (PDF)
- The FAFSA: the most important financial aid form you will ever fill out! (PDF)
- Job Loss and the FAFSA: Three Steps to Take When Your Family Finances Shift (PDF)
- FAFSA Verification: Don’t Panic and Don’t Wait (PDF)
- Parent PLUS Loans: Are They Right For You? (PDF)
- Six Items and 22 Minutes: All You Need to Fill Out the FAFSA (PDF)