- Apply for your passport. This may take up to two months, so plan ahead. You can apply for a passport at certain post offices. The closest passport center to Neumann University is the Chester Main Post Office.) Passport photos can be taken on site for $15/set or at most CVS, Walgreens or RiteAid stores. More information on the passport application process here.
- Make an appointment with the Coordinator of Global Engagement. The Coordinator can advise you in choosing the program that best fits your goals. Please be prepared to share your goals for study abroad at this meeting.
- Meet with your academic advisor to discuss course selection. Keeping in mind the degree requirements of your specific major, you and your advisor should plan carefully the program you choose and the courses you select.
- Meet with Neumann University Financial Aid staff to ask how study abroad affects your current awards, loans and grants. They will be glad to answer your questions.
- Complete the ‘Neumann University Study Abroad Form’ and obtain required signatures in order.This form contains special instructions for those students enrolling at overseas institutions that do not have a formal agreement with Neumann University.
- Complete the host institution’s application. Institution-specific instructions can be found on the program’s Neumann webpage.
- Complete the Parent-Student Agreement’ and turn in to the Global Engagement office along with your completed Study Abroad Form. This form can be found in the Global Engagement office.
- Obtain a statement from a physician attesting to the student’s ability to travel and study abroad (for students with health concerns or physical challenges).
- Attend a mandatory pre-trip Study Abroad Orientation session conducted by the Office of Global Engagement.
- Obtain health insurance coverage through Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI). Neumann University does not provide insurance for study abroad participants. The cost is approximately $34 per month overseas.
Please note: In addition to the steps listed above, each host institution has specific application requirements as well. These may include student visa procedures, housing deposits, transcript submission, etc.
The staff of the Global Engagement Office is available to assist you with each step of this exciting process. Stop by BMB 24C!