Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a lending service provided for current students, faculty and staff of the University, using a system called TIPASA. This service allows members of our community to expand their borrowing power by providing them with the ability to request books and journal articles that are not part of the Neumann University Library collection; only books and journal articles not owned by the library or found for free online can be requested,
Your Neumann-issued email username and password are all you need to make requests! If you have forgotten your log-in information, please contact the ITR Help Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org) or see the ITR Password re-set portal on the university web page.
- Borrowers will be notified by email once digital articles become available. The email will contain a link to the article and the link will remain valid for five (5) clicks or 30 days- whichever comes first. Word to the wise- Click and save! Once the link is gone it cannot be retrieved.
- Borrowers will be alerted by email when their book is ready for retrieval from the Library Main Desk. (For questions and/ or exceptions, please contact ILL Specialist: 610 361-5216).
- Book requests generally take a week to 10 days to fill.
- Loan periods vary as they are determined by the lending Library.
- Renewals are permitted, but must be made 4-7 days before the due date and are not guaranteed. No renewals made for overdue materials.
- Make sure that the citation information used to make your request is complete and accurate; missing or incorrect information will hold up the process and could lead to an outright rejection.
How Many Items Can Be Requested:
- There are generally no limit to requests, but during high traffic times they may be limited to ten (10) per person per day.
Overdue or Lost Materials:
Neumann University Library no longer charges overdue fines, but often fines will be charged for overdue ILL materials by the loaning institutions. You will be responsible to pay any fees or replacement costs incurred from overdue or lost materials. Failure to do so can result in revocation of ILL borrowing privileges and a hold placed on University accounts. Please contact the Library for details regarding fees and their payment.
PLEASE NOTE: Library staff work diligently to honor your requests, but as ILL requires the cooperation of outside institutions, results CANNOT BE GUARANTEED. If you do not receive any communication regarding your request within two weeks, please contact the ILL specialist at 610-361-5216.