Accreditation & Core Competencies
Accreditation: Our BSW program was granted accreditation by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) to ensure that students receive an education which meets the highest standards of the profession.
Council on Social Work Education:
10 Core Competencies
- Identify as a professional social worker and conduct oneself accordingly.
- Apply social work ethical principles to guide professional practice.
- Apply critical thinking to inform and communicate professional judgments.
- Engage diversity and difference in practice.
- Advance human rights and social and economic justice.
- Engage in research-informed practice and practice-informed research.
- Apply knowledge of human behavior and the social environment.
- Engage in policy practices to advance social and economic well-being and to deliver effective social work services.
- Respond to contexts that shape practice.
- Engage, assess, intervene, and evaluate with individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities.