Yes. There will be a Graduation Mass held the week of graduation. The Mass will be held on May 14th, 2021, 6:00 pm, at the Mirenda Center. All graduates and their families are welcome to attend.
We are planning for all contingencies. Given where we are with the virus at present, the plan is to have a series of small outside tented ceremonies on the front lawn of the Mirenda Center. Each ceremony should be able to accommodate 100 graduates each with two guests to allow for proper social distancing. This will require multiple ceremonies throughout both Saturday and Sunday. As we get closer to the event, we will be able to determine the specific time of each ceremony.
If the State of Pennsylvania is at a point with the virus where larger indoor gatherings can take place, we will shift inside to the Mirenda Center which will allow for more guests. That being said, as of the writing of this FAQ the main plan is for the small, socially distanced, outdoor and tented ceremonies.
We will be having two (2) days of ceremonies this year:
- Saturday, May 15th, 2021 we will be having ceremonies for the undergraduate, adult and graduate students who graduated in August of 2020, December of 2020 and May of 2021. There will be several ceremonies throughout the day. The times of each ceremony will be dictated by rules governing social distancing in light of COVID-19. We will know more as we get closer to the event.
- Sunday, May 16th, 2021 we will be having ceremonies for the undergraduate, adult and graduate students who graduated in August of 2019, December of 2019 and May of 2020. There will be several ceremonies throughout the day. The times of each ceremony will be dictated by rules governing social distancing in light of COVID-19. We will know more as we get closer to the event.
Save the Date for Spring 2021 Graduation Portraits:
Tuesday, March 9 through Friday, March 12
Tuesday & Wednesday - 12:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Thursday & Friday - 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Tuesday, April 13 and Wednesday, April 14
10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Schedule your appointment at www.ouryear.com, using school code 87153. Questions? Please call 1-800-OUR-YEAR™ (687-9327), during normal business hours.
Portraits will be taken in your Business Attire, and Cap & Gown. Academic attire will be provided.
There is no cost to have your portrait taken and photographs will be available for your personal portrait needs.
Prestige Portraits is very excited to be able to capture this important milestone. At this unprecedented time, Lifetouch has put in place all CDC recommended guidelines for taking graduation portraits.
No-touch posing and social distancing will be implemented. Photographers and assistants will not make physical contact and will keep 6ft distance from subjects, customers & employees.
All work areas will be cleaned after each sitting and all clothing (studio provided attire) will be steamed cleaned between each subject. All photographers and assistants will be wearing face masks at all times.
Neumann University schedules two commencement ceremonies each year, May and December. Degrees are officially conferred three times a year. [August, December, and May]. This year we will be having several ceremonies over the May 15th-May 16th weekend.
To be eligible to walk in May Commencement exercises and receive your diploma:
- You must complete the Application for Graduation in the Registrar’s Office
- You must successfully complete all degree requirements. If you do not satisfactorily complete all of their degree requirements by the end of the spring semester you may not, under any circumstance, participate in Commencement exercises. If you have any questions regarding graduation requirements you must speak to your academic advisor.
- You must satisfy all financial obligations to the University by April 21st
- You must complete the financial aid exit interview if you have any federal loans at https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index.action by April 21st
- If you received an HRSA Nursing Loan you must contact Financial Assistance to complete the loan exit requirements by April 21st
- Undergraduates only must complete the First-Destination Survey available in April. This will be made available to you around the time of cap and gown pickup.
Diplomas will be mailed out via U.S. Postal Service after graduation weekend. Please allow additional delivery time due to current circumstances.
The Baccalaureate degree with Honors is awarded to students who have earned a minimum of 60 academic credits at Neumann University and who have demonstrated superior academic achievement in their respective area(s) of study. Such students will be awarded their degrees “with praise” according to the following criteria:
- Summa Cum Laude: the top 2% of each division’s distribution of cumulative GPAs for the graduating cohort;
- Magna Cum Laude: the next 5% of each division’s distribution of cumulative GPAs for the graduating cohort;
- Cum Laude: the next 9% of each division’s distribution of cumulative GPAs for the graduating cohort;
For example, in a graduating cohort of 100, 2 individuals with the highest cumulative GPAs will receive Summa Cum Laude, 5 individuals with the next highest cumulative GPAs will receive Magna Cum Laude and 9 individuals with the next highest cumulative GPAs will receive Cum Laude.
Graduation Honors are not awarded at either the Associate’s degree or graduate degree level. Students entering Neumann University prior to the July 2016 revision will adhere to the Graduation Honors policy at the time of their admission.
The Valedictorian is a graduating senior whose entire academic program has been completed at Neumann University on a full-time basis, and whose cumulative GPA (Grade Point Average) is the highest in his/her class. The student’s involvement in leadership activities at the University and his/her community service are also considered in the selection process.
With regard to these eligibility criteria, students who have earned credits through either standardized examinations or through the University-sponsored evaluations listed below and who have, otherwise, completed all academic coursework at Neumann University are still eligible for Valedictorian consideration.
AP (Advanced Placement as administered through ETS)
ACE Recommended Credits
Experiential Learning Portfolio Assessment
To graduate, you must
- Have applied for graduation at the Registrar’s Office
- Satisfy all outstanding balances or set up a university approved payment plan by April 21st. Students who have not satisfied their balances or who have not set up a payment plan will not be allowed to walk at graduation.
- If you borrowed federal direct loan funds, you must complete an exit interview at https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index.action no later than April 21st
- If you borrowed an HRSA Nursing Loan Nursing Loans you must contact Financial Assistance to complete the loan exit interview by April 21st
- You must complete the First-Destination Survey available in the beginning of April.
If you elect not to walk with your class, there is nothing more for you to do at this time. Diplomas will be mailed via U.S. Postal Service after graduation weekend. Please allow additional delivery time due to current circumstances.
Students who are graduating can purchase their Cap and Gowns directly from Herff-Jones - College Graduation Products by Herff Jones.
Please remember that students receiving a Bachelor’s degree are required to complete the First-Destination Survey available in the beginning of April, prior to graduation.
With regard to Graduation Mass please contact Mr. Lee Strofe Mr. Lee Strofe at email@example.com or 610-361-5410.
For either graduation, some seating is available for guests in wheelchairs or with limited mobility, with one companion seat. Tickets are also required for this special seating. If a guest requires special seating, send an email request with an explanation of the need (wheelchair, minimal steps, etc.) by April 15th to Mr. Lee Strofe at firstname.lastname@example.org
The University Bookstore will be open from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
No. This year we will only be live streaming on the web.
Yes. The link is here http://media.neumann.edu/live-streaming/ and will go live the day of the commencement.