Yes. There will be a Mass held at 3:30 p.m. on December 18th, 2019. The Mass will be held in Our Lady of Angels Convent Chapel.
Neumann University schedules two Commencement Ceremonies which are held each December and May. Students who have had their degree conferred in August or who will have their degree conferred in December must attend the December ceremony. Students who will graduate in May must attend the May ceremony.
To be eligible to walk in December Graduation Ceremony and receive your diploma:
- You must complete the Application for Graduation in the Registrar’s Office. If your degree was conferred in August this part is already done.
- You must successfully complete all degree requirements. If you do not satisfactorily complete all of their degree requirements by the end of the semester you may not, under any circumstance, participate in Commencement exercises.
- You must satisfy all financial obligations to the University by November 1st. Students with outstanding balances to the university will not be able to download guest tickets until all outstanding balances are paid.
- You must complete the financial aid exit interview if you have any federal loans at https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index.action by November 1st.
- If you received an HRSA Nursing Loan you must contact Financial Assistance to complete the loan exit requirements by November 1st.
- For undergraduates only: You must complete the First-Destination Survey available in November in order to pick up their cap and gowns from the bookstore.
Students who have successfully completed all their degree requirements in August are able to receive their diploma by mail or immediately following the December Graduation Ceremony. Students who have completed all their degree requirements in December may receive their diplomas immediately following the December Graduation Ceremony.
The number of guest tickets for each graduate is determined by the number of graduating students along with the maximum number of seats provided. Both undergraduate and graduate students attending the ceremony will receive 8 tickets which can be downloaded directly from the University Tickets website. Any guest entering The Mirenda Center, including children, will need a ticket. There are no exceptions to this policy. Anyone who attempts to attend the ceremonies without a ticket will be denied entrance to The Mirenda Center. Any additional tickets that become available will be made available on the University Tickets website sometime around December 1st.
A baccalaureate degree with honors is awarded to students who have earned a minimum of 60 academic credits, excluding documented prior learning, at Neumann University and who have demonstrated superior academic achievement in their respective areas of study.
Summa cum laude is awarded to those students with a cumulative GPA (Grade Point Average) from 3.900 to 4.000
Magna cum laude is awarded to those students with a cumulative GPA (Grade Point Average) from 3.700 to 3.899
Cum laude is awarded to those students with a cumulative GPA (Grade Point Average) from 3.500 to 3.699
Students who anticipate receiving Graduation Honors, and have completed 60 credits at Neumann, excluding documented prior learning, can check their WebAdvisor account to verify a cum GPA of 3.50 or above.
For those students who choose not to participate in the Commencement Ceremony, their diplomas will be mailed to their home address after January 6, 2020.
Caps and gowns will be available for pickup at this year’s Grad Fair which will be held on Monday, December 2nd, between the hours of 4:30 PM - 6:30 PM in the Mirenda Center, Bayada Atrium. The cost of your academic attire is part of the $110 graduation fee. Graduates will keep all academic attire at the conclusion of the ceremony. If by chance there is inclement weather/a snow day and the campus is closed on December 2nd, the Grad Fair will be moved to Thursday, December 5th, in the Student Multi-Purpose Hall in the Mullen Communication Building from 4:30-6:30 PM.
For those students who are not able to pick up their caps and gowns on Monday, December 2nd, or Thursday, December 5th, the caps and gowns may be picked up in the University Campus Store, during the following hours, after Monday, December 9th:
Monday - Thursday 8:30 am to 6:00 pm
Friday - 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
You must complete this senior survey prior to your cap and gown pick up: www.tinyurl.com/Neumann20
Doors open at the Mirenda Center at 4:30 p.m. on December 18th, 2019. All students walking in the December Graduation need to be in the Community Hall of the Mirenda Center no later than 4:45 p.m. on the day of the ceremony.
The ceremony will begin at 6:00 p.m. and should conclude sometime between 7:15-7:30 p.m. A reception for graduates and their guests will follow in the Bayada Atrium.
Handicapped parking for the Graduation Mass in Our Lady of Angels Convent will be available behind the Bachmann Main Building. There will be Campus Security Officers and student volunteers to direct you to the reserved parking spaces as well as the Mass.
For the 6:00 p.m. ceremony, some seating is available for guests in wheelchairs or with limited mobility, with one companion seat. In order to accommodate our guests with limited mobility we can only allow one companion per guest needing accommodations. Tickets are also required for this special seating. If a guest requires special seating, send an email request with an explanation of the need (wheelchair, minimal steps, bench, etc.) by December 4th to Mr. Lee Strofe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Elderly or handicapped persons may be dropped at the side entrance of the Mirenda Center starting at 4:30 p.m. for the ceremony.
The University Bookstore will be open from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
For the December graduation ceremony graduation photos will be taken November 12th – November 15th, 2019 in the Bachmann Building Room 109. Tuesday and Wednesday, November 12th and 13th, the photographer will be there from Noon-9:00 PM. Thursday and Friday, November 14th and 15th, the photographer will be there from 9:00 AM-5:00 PM.
Students interested in taking senior photos should:
- Call the number provided below to make an appointment or utilize the link.
- If students are unable to take pictures in November, there will be another offering in March.
- Photos are open to both December and May Graduates.
Information for Photos
- Schedule your appointment at ouryear.com, entering school code 87153 or by calling 1-800-OUR-YEAR™ (687-9327), during normal business hours.
- Caps and gowns will be provided
- Students should bring their own dress clothes
- There is no cost to have portraits taken and photographs will be available for your personal portrait needs