Faculty Reserves Policy for Books and Audio-visual Materials
Faculty may curate a collection of instructional items to supplement classroom learning using the Library Course Reserves. Reserve items are available for students to use for limited periods of time inside the walls of the Library.
To place an item on Reserve, Faculty must bring a copy of the desired item to the Library Main Desk with accompanying request form (download here or see Library Main Desk). Items will remain on Reserve until the end of the semester or the faculty member's request; whichever comes first.
What can be placed on Reserve? Any combination of the following material types:
- NU Library Books & Media (DVD, CD, VHS)
- Personal Copies (Please be aware that barcode stickers will be attached. Please contact Interlibrary loan/ Reserves Specialist to retrieve personal copies at the end of the semester).
- Students' Work (with written permission per Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974).
Items obtained through Interlibrary Loan or rented through a public venue will not be placed on Reserve. Please use NU Learn for all digital items.
- Faculty must have a valid Neumann University ID in order to place items on reserve.
- Faculty is required to adhere to the fair use provisions of the United States Copyright Act of 1976. Section 107 of the Copyright Act which allows for a limited number of current textbooks to be placed on Reserves for student use. These items are restricted to in Library use only. Multiple copies cannot exceed three per title.
- To remove items from Reserves, faculty members must completely fill out the Reserves Deletion form obtainable from the Circulation Desk. Please be sure to remove all personal items from the Library at that time.
For more information or assistance, call the ILL/Reserves Desk at 610-361-5216 or Library Main Desk at 610-558-5545 ( email@example.com).