Student Employment Opportunities
STUDENT ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
To participate in the FWS program, students must matriculate and meet general federal eligibility requirements, including:
- Citizenship: U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress (SAP) as required by Neumann University and the Department of Education
- Financial need, as determined by completion of the Free Application of Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Receive confirmation of approved FWS award by the Office of Financial Assistance (as stated on the award letter)
- Complete all required employment authorization forms, identification and necessary hiring paperwork
Students cannot start working until the hiring process is complete.
- Students are to contact the supervisor, who will schedule and conduct interviews to fill the position.
- If this is the student’s first time working for the University or they have not worked for the University in the last three years, the student will need to fill out a New Hire packet. This can be done at Human Resources Office (HR) in the RAB 4th Floor.
- Once this has been completed, student timesheets will sent to the supervisor. Once timesheets are received students may begin working.
STUDENT REQUIRED PAPERWORK
- Federal Work Study Employment Form – All FWS students are required to complete Federal Work Study Employment Approval form prior to starting work. This form can be obtained from the Office of Financial Assistance. Returning students must complete a new form each year they wish to participate in FWS.
- Federal Form W-4*
- Form I-9* Employment Eligibility
- Criminal Background Check
- Direct Deposit