dean of students
The Office of the Dean of Students serves as a central resource for students, offering guidance, assistance, and a welcoming environment to address their needs and concerns. At Neumann, the Dean of Students serves as the Senior Student Affairs Officer, providing strategic leadership and direction for the Student Affairs team. Within the Office of the Dean of Students, staff members within the office and campus partners on the University's CARE team, coordinate assistance for students who may be experiencing academic or personal challenges.
UNIVERSITY CARE TEAM
The University CARE team is comprised of individuals throughout the university to identify and address student concerns, ensuring a comprehensive and coordinated approach to supporting students. CARE team serves as a centralized resource to the campus community, identifying risk and developing collaborative outreach to support students through campus resources. The CARE team aims to identify students who may be struggling academically or socially or are engaging in alarming behavior and provide support. The CARE team requests support from faculty, staff, students, and other support persons in helping to proactively identify individuals who need support to create a safe and inclusive community for all students. Individuals wishing to notify the CARE team of a student they are concerned about should use the incident reporting form above.
The following individuals currently serve on the University's CARE team.
- Dr. Sarah Williamson, Dean of Students (Chair)
- Bonnie Yake, Assistant Dean of Students-Counseling, Health, & Well-Being
- Coming Soon, Assistant Dean of Students-Community Standards & Student Support
- Mr. Justin Gallashaw, Student Affairs Case Manager
- Ms. Tahirah Stevens-Gaillard, Director of Student Engagement & Orientation
- Mr. Chadwick Johnson, Director of Residence Life
- Sr. Linda DeCero, Director of Pastoral Ministry
- Mr. Lee Strofe, Assistant Director of Campus Ministry
- Mr. Alex Liska, Director of Retention and Sponsored Programs
- Ms. Denise Chain, Coordinator for Student-Athlete Success