Teacher Certification Support at NU
Professional Examinations for Educators (PEFE) Resource Center
Neumann Educator Testing Center
Bachmann Main Building, Rm 331
Neumann University Professional Examinations for Educators Resource Center's mission is to promote the success of all prospective educators in passing the Praxis I series of exams, the Prek-4 PECT series, the Pk-8 SPEC ed PECT series, and edTPA portfolios (needed by students outside of PA). The center is dedicated to enhancing student achievement and confidence by strengthening effective test taking skills. Faculty, instructors and staff members are committed to helping students achieve their goals to become future educators!
The following chart says it all. Data from the last 3 years, seen below, show 3 sets of two groups. The first group in each set on the left took the exams while in the program, the groups to the right took the tests after leaving the program. We were impressed with the difference in passing scores! Please note also the trend line moving upwards for each group per year for those who took the exam while in the program.
- ONSITE TESTING CENTER AVAILABLE FOR ALL PENNSYLVANIA TESTS (THE PAPA OR THE PECT TESTS)
- INFORMATION ON CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS AND CUT SCORES
- RESOURCES ON BLACKBOARD LEARNING COMMUNITY SITE CALLED PEFE
Schedule of Classes, seminars, and presentations
For undergraduate students
Praxis 1 preparation:
- Fall and Spring Freshman Year – Math 205 and 206 – these courses completed with a minimum grade of B can be substituted for the Basic Skills Math certification exam.
- Spring Freshman Year – Basic Skills Reading and Writing prep class (1 credit) . Students are required to take at least one test as part of this class.
PECT preparation and testing is included in the following classes:
- Prek-4 Mod 1: ECE 205
- Prek-4 Mod 2: ECE 304
- Prek-4 Mod 3: ECE 308
- SPEC Mod 1: SPEC 310
- SPEC Mod 2: SPEC 415
Summer options: Praxis 1 test prep and testing
- Reading, Writing and Math Intensive: the second week of May. Send an email to email@example.com if you are interested in intensive preparation the summer.
For grad students:
PECT preparation and testing to be included in the following classes:
- Prek-4 Mod 1: ECE 530
- Prek-4 Mod 2: ECE 533 (S)
- Prek-4 Mod 3: ECE 534 (F)
- SPEC Mod 1: SPEC 525
- SPEC Mod 2: SPEC 536
Summer options for ALUMNI: After graduation take your Prek-4 and SPECS: Finish all 5 exams! Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in intensive preparation the summer. (This service is provided free of charge to all Neumann alumni).
Completing the edTPA*
If you need to complete the edTPA in your state, please check the course catalog for either EDU426A-18FA EdTPA Preparation or EDU626A-18FA EdTPA Preparation.Classes run in the Spring and Fall. Independent study options are available for the summer. (*for DE, NY, and NJ students)
TO ACCESS PEFE ON BLACKBOARD: